Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I must say that I love Mother's Day. I love that my boys have such a great dad who teaches them to love and respect their mom. My day started off great. Greg got up with the babies so I could sleep in until 8:30! Then he had them back down for naps and was making breakfast by the time I got up. He had dishes done and had cleaned up from the night before. You would think that being together since the 8th grade would make us tired of each other, but I think that I find a new reason to love him everyday. He is such a great provider for our family. He loves the boys more than anything and can't wait to spend time with them everyday. He has a compliment for me everytime he sees me and he's very supportive in whatever I decisions I am trying to make. I think the best gifts I got for mother's day were the letters that Greg and the boys wrote to me. They each took time and let me know how much I am appreciated. That is invaluable. Greg teaches the boys that what I do at home, taking care of the house, is just as important as him going to work everyday. I am thankful I am a Mother and that I have such a great support team here at home! I hope you all had just as wonderful a day!!

5 comments:

Susan said...

That's so awesome!! Your a great mom and inspiring to me!!

Anonymous said...

Melinda - you really are a great mom (and sister). You've always been so sweet and you really are inspiring. I am lucky to have so many sisters and sis-in-laws to look up to and of course, you are one of them! You deserve the best and I am happy for you!

Karen said...

Melinda, I love how you and Greg are still so in love with each other. It is so refreshing to hear it instead of husband bashing. You are also an incredible mom and your kids and husband are lucky to have you.

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

I also agree to all that was said above. I was so lucky to have so many great women around me when I first because a mother (dental school, philly) so that I had some awesome examples. Your family is #1 in your life and they are very lucky to have such a dedicated wife and mother. You are awesome in your dedication and I have always loved that about you. Your blog page is so cute!

carlston said...

All of your boys are incredibly blessed to have you and it obviously shows that they know that! What a sweet guy of Greg to write you letters and what a good example to Hunter and Austin.