Friday, May 9, 2008

I was picking up around the house, which seems to be an endless job since the twins have realized how fun it is to get into everything, when I had such a strong desire to tell all my friends and sisters how much they inspire me. I am inspired daily by such great women! Either by showing me new ways to be a better mom, better friend, better sister or to just "think outside of the box". I can't say how valuable that is to me. One thing that I was reminded of was how fast our kids grow. My sister sent me a great email. I definetly had tears by the end of it. It just said how we need to put things aside and spend time with our kids (I am adding in husband, since when the kids are gone we will just have each other). There is something that I've learned from you whether you are near or far, and I just wanted to say thank you!

7 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

I was having thoughts along the same lines of all the women I know that ispire me today while I was doing all my stuff around the house today too! You are an inspiration as well, you are so awesome for taking root wherever you guys are and making it an awesome place to live! Also just being an awesome mom and making having twins look like a breeze even though I know its not an easy task! You are amazing and beautiful and I feel blessed to know you!

Kritta22 said...

I was totally inspired last night at enrichment to be a better mom. I loved everyone's ideas on their own FHE boards..trying to get all their kids in there! I added you to my blog...hope you don't mind.
Krista

Beth said...

Thanks for inspiring ME, Melinda. Great post.

carlston said...

I think you are the inspiring one! You are complimentary of everyone... don't know how you do it, but you always make those around you feel wonderful! Happy Mother's Day...

Lisa said...

I also loved that email that Jessica sent. And it also made me feel like I need to spend more time with them then trying to finish my projects or cleaning up messes. Anyways, you have always been such a great example to me and I feel so blessed to have you as my sister and friend! You are such a strong women and an awesome mom! I miss you and hope to see you soon!

Cannon Fam said...

Been catching up on your blog, cute new layout btw! Kids are adorable as usual! Love the Florida pics too. Isn't that nice to get away together alone?

I constantly feel like I need to be a better mom, especially when I know so many great ones around me. It gives me the motivation to try harder. Life just feels so crazy all the time, but I have to slow down and give the kids the attention they deserve. How do you do it with twins? Since Lily was born I honestly am so overwhelmed w/ the sheer number of kids I have to take care of!!

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

Holla to good friends and great examples. Thank goodness for them in our lives. It would sure be a lonely place without them.