Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I Need HELP!!!
Having twins has been such a joy....up until this point. If you ever heard me say that I want another baby soon, well not anymore!! I can't keep up with the Taz Manian Devils! I need advice. What do you do to toddler proof your house. Since I have put rubber bands on all cupboards that open out, they have gone to the lazy susan (which I've tried to keep locked with mailing tape, so far so good), drawers, my baskets of movies, anything that is fun to throw all over the house. HELP! Give me some good hints.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Oh boy!! Here's my advice which I would have shunned a few years ago but now accept for my own sanity!! Lock up what you can and move as much stuff as you can to unreachable places. I know it kind of seems like a cop out and that children should learn what things they cannot play with, however, they will still learn it and you may be able to stay sane. Let's face it you are outnumbered and they have all the time in the world to outsmart you. If you have any tips on how to keep Jack from turning off the stereo and computer (two things I can't move from his reach) let me know!!
We just put up a baby gate in front of our entertaintment center. The remote still goes through and the little fingers don't.
We also have a baby gate to the kitchen. And the stairs. It's been a lifesaver!!
So you know how they have the door latches where you have to push down to open the door up - now they have these things were it's magnetic. You have to get a knob to open it that is also magnetic. It's pretty cool & kids (like Ezra) can't figure it out because you have to the other end to open it. This age sucks!! Good luck! But you can buy them at Lowes (or home depot i think). I just think you can't keep them out of everything so whatever you don't care to let them get into - let them & put everything else up higher or away until they're older.
pharmaceuticals, lots of pharmaceutics,, for you, not the kids. ok, maybe for the kids too. I'll look into that.
Melinda- i am so glad you found me! Yes I totally remember you guys! Your boys have grown up so much! I can't believe you had twins! 4 boys? Holy cow, you do have your hands full! I am not the best with advice as i feel like i need some myself:)haha, but sometimes a coke really helps! No really, You seem like an amazing mom, sometimes i think we only survive is with intervention from above! It's the only way I am surviving with 4 right now:)
That is cool the Coombs moved by you! They are awesome! Glad we can keep in touch!! Good to hear from you! I am adding you to my blog:)
Melinda,
Hey, too funny to see you....remember me? (Molly Pontious) Anyhow, I had twin girls in 2001. They will be 8 in February, but I totally remember this age and how busy it was. It was a constant marathon! They are everywhere! I just rearranged my cabinets that were down low, and put stuff in them that they could play with. I put those plastic locks on other things, but I kept alot of doors shut. We lived in a small house at the time, so it made it alot easier. I shut all the doors except to their bedroom. They had free rain over the kitchen and living room, and their room. It seemed to work....but, going out on outings is sure a different thing! Anyhow, your family is so cute and You and Greg are still so cute together! Later, Molly Pontious Skelley
i have never child proofed my house except for a gate--not even the poison cupboards--i'm such a bad mom--I should have learned when Maggie got into the Comet, the poinsetta plant and my moms diabetic medicine--but I guess I just think it will never happen to me--I really should knock on wood. Sorry, and good luck!
I wish I could help you on that one! I am just trying to keep up with my 1 little crazy Jack! He is seriously all over the place and nothing works! I just have to realize he is crazy and go with it! So I am the last person that could give you advice because I am trying to figure it out for one! Good luck, you are an excellent mom, you will know what to do!
Umm.....that's a hard one. You have to try your best with the things that will hurt them, but messy stuff like the movies, etc., I say let them make the mess and leave it until 1/2 hour before Greg comes home and then in a mad dash rush about cleaning and organizing so it looks like your house has been clean all day. Oh, and don't answer the door during the day in case one of your friends is doing a drop in. If I know you though, a mess like that would drive you crazy.
It sounds like they take after there father. He was kind of a little wild in his days. If they are like that now I hate to say it but I think you might have your hands full. I send you my condolences now. I don't have much experience in raisin little boys so I can't be much help. Good luck!
Post a Comment