MEMORY LANE- Okay, so I got this off of Beth's blog and I had so much fun reading memories about her, especially because it was alot of the Philly friends that left memories. So I thought I would post this onto my blog. Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! I guess good or bad but be nice!!!!!!!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



18 comments:
I remember you at an playgroup in the church, during winter. I would always think you were such a superstar because I only had one baby and was having a hard time. You made having two look easy!
I have a gazillion memories of you... how do I pick. How about almost passing out with you during Spinning at the Y.
Um...how do I choose? Eating all your saved candy from Greg off your door that was SO old. Listening to Everything I do, I do it for you, with you. Running by Greg with your bra on my head & getting grounded for it. You doing my hair too tight, I looked chinese, but I LOVED you to do it still. You hitting me on the head with the brush because I looked in the mirror before you were finished & then you had to start all over. You always helping me get ready for any dance I had in high school until I moved. I LOVED that - since mom didn't really care. Visiting you guys in Philly. You really entertained me - taking me everywhere. It was awesome. See the list could go on & on. Too hard to just pick one. So many funny things!! Love ya
when I said "I moved" - I meant you moved (to philly)
Both of us hearing over and over "Now, if this get to be too much for you, you be sure and let me know." haha!
Not very sentimental, but it makes me laugh! :)
I also have so many that it is hard to choose, but one in particular is of one of the many times you highlighted my hair the old fashioned way (pulling it through the cap with a tiny crochet hook that hurt like a mother) and then cutting my hair with your regular old kitchen sizzors. To this day they were always some of my best haircuts! I wasn't afraid one little bit of you ever messing my hair up because you and Greg always cut your hair and it was always so cute. We sure were poor and hard up for a haircut in dental school.
I remember meeting you at the Alaska Club when you were visiting Cole. You had your hair slicked back, not a trace of makeup, and the type of outfit you don't mind sweating in. I remember thinking how kind and unassuming you were.
My next memory is of this stunning, fashion superstar with perfect hair and fabulous makeup. Yet you remained the same kind, unassuming person from the gym.
Contrasting the two images it quickly become obvious to me that your confidence and beauty radiate from the inside.
Seriously, this is really hard, just since I lived with you for like 17 years. I have so many great memories of you. You have always been such a great example to me and I feel so lucky to have you as my sister. You have always been a great listener. I think my most recent memory that I love is that you came all the way out here to be here for the sealing of my family. I loved staying up with you after getting our endowments and talking for a while and I loved that you were there for both. (Even though you almost missed one ;)Still when we go back to the Manti temple, I get sad that you are not there and everyone else, of course. You are the best sister and are always thoughtful of everone around you.
I just have always liked you from the beginning! You have always been so awesome, and nice to me! You are an amazing girl and I love that I get to be friends with you through ROg!
hello!! Alaska looks amazing!! I don't really understand the blog thing but Shannon had one so I decided to try and make one even though mine isn't as cool as everyone else's!! haha. I have some friends here at BYU that families are from alaska..do you by chance know the grey family? and you look great! your kids are so cute and look like lots of fun.
Hi! So I am glad you love to run to, we would be fun running buddies! the marathon is in 4 weeks, so I am getting really excited, hope it all keeps going well. Leanne is an awsome running, I just went and cheered her on at a 20mile race today in our town. She did great! I really like to run with her because she can talk the whole time and it makes it go by fast :)
So my memory of you is when I would sleep over with Lisa and I always thought you were so "cool" with your boyfriend and you did your hair so cute, I always wanted an older sister that would do my hair like you did theirs. Its wierd because I always thought you were soooooo much older than me and mature, funny huh?
I remember marrying Zack right before their (Greg's and Zack's) 4th year of dental school and joining a married ward for the first time. I didn't know anyone and was really overwhelmed. You were unbelievably nice to me and the first to invite me to bunco and everything really. You made me feel like part of the group when I have to say, not everyone did. You have a gift for making people feel comfortable and like they matter. I'm so glad I know you! Also, we got to spend a beautiful week in Alaska because you guys were so generous!
When I met you the first time, you were nothing like I pictured you. I'm so glad that you were so incredibly nice to me and that we became such good friends. I miss getting up to work out at the crack of dawn--man i need you more than ever now to bust my butt into shape. The day you moved was really one of the saddest days for me. sniff sniff. the really sad part is that i haven't seen you since the day you pulled away. We must get together soon!
My funnest memories of you are
1-Christmas shopping at 4 in the morning and
2-Screaming at the top of our lungs in Lindsay's office.
Love ya girl!
I remember you always being so nice and laid-back. I also remember meeting you for the first time w/ Austin as a newborn & I had Ashley. I envy your hair! No matter what color or style it always looks great!
I thought of another one besides the fact that I have just always thought you were awesome! I remember when you guys, and the Bliss's came down to St. George to visit, and to watch one of Roger's games. That was so fun! So there is a specific memory i have of you!
I guess I'm a little slow to get my memories in, but I haven't been blog-checking in a while. I have so many great memories of you. I loved that I had such a cool, sweet friend kind of built-in when I got to Philly, since we were the only dentistry wives in our year that actually lived in the city. I remember the first time I met you at that dental school party at Summit Park and I thought you and Greg were the cutest--and of course I fell in love with Hunter. Like I said on my blog, I remember our morning runs down the Wissahickon even in the cold weather. You are so dedicated!
You were and still are so fun to talk to on the phone. Bunco with you was the best and girls nights--especially our girls' trips to NYC and Salem. Those are such great memories. I'll always think of you as an ideal friend. So fun to be around and yet willing to drop everything and be there for you when you need it most.
Post a Comment