
So, I've carried bear spray in my car (to use for hiking) for the past five years and never had anyone bother it. I just moved the twins carseats to the back seat and I forgot that the spray is in a pocket back there. Tonight we (me, my niece Kandace, Aust, Peyton and Ryder) went for a drive to look for wildlife. On the way back from the Eagle River Nature Center we hear this pop and then a spraying noise. Then we hear Aust just screaming "Poison! Poison!" And he's coughing and then the twins are crying. Kandace turned around to see what was happening and it hit her right in the face. I luckily was driving and didn't turn around. I had just enough time to find a driveway (which was lucky coming back from ER Nature Center) and pull over and we all dive out of the car. No one could see for like 15 minutes and poor Aust was screaming because he was affected the most because he was sitting right in front of Peyton. It was a bad deal all around. While we were getting our vision back, I noticed we were all getting eaten alive by mosquito's. So I told everyone to get back in the car and we would drive down the road with windows down to get the rest of spray out of car. By the time we got home everyone was pretty calm...until the showers! I looked on-line and it said that the best thing to do was wash it off with water. So we all took showers. Ouch!!! That was almost just as bad as the spray itself! Everyone was in tears again. So I read on-line again and I see a different explanation of what to do if you get sprayed with bear spray and have no water around. You wipe it off with alcohol or bleach and rinse your eyes out with milk. I used some alcohol wipes on Aust since he was hurting the worst, but the rest of us just had to wait out the pain (about 15-30 minutes). I tell you what...I feel sorry for the bear that is going to dare show it's face while we are out hiking!!!



5 comments:
oh my heck that is crazy! I would say i'm suprised but i'm really not. I hope you guys are ok and that aust is doing better. I just told caden what peyton did with the bear spray and he said "peyton turned them into bears?" Hope you guys are all doing well bedsides this incident. We miss you too!
Oh gosh!! Connor did the same thing with bleach last week. I've never baby proofed this house cause co knew better and Logan could care less about the kitchen. But Connor got it out and sprayed Logan down. Poor guy smelt like a pool for the last few days.
This is terrible but it made me laugh out loud and I had to bring all the family in to hear! I can't even imagine the pain! I'm glad it "only" lasted 30 minutes or so. You are amazing to keep driving. I will hike with you any day ;)
What?!!!!! Holy cow! That is crazy, funny, sad, and highly entertaining! You are the toughest mom I know.
I had to come look at your blog for the whole bear spray story. That is so awful! I'm glad you all survivied. I really can't imagine how bad it would have felt. You are awesome for being able to still drive!
Post a Comment