Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. It must be the stress of buying the perfect gift when I was dating Greg. Anyway, Greg had knee surgery on this past Friday so I thought Valentine's was going to be just another day. A few days before surgery Greg had told me that he was planning dinner for that night. He had the kids go over to a neighbors and said we were just going to have some "alone" time. So we went and got a chick flick and when we got home there were two of his YM (he's YM's president) cooking us dinner. They had spread a trail of roses on the floor and the table. They had made a menu and they were all dressed up. They had a 4-course meal that they were preparing right then. It was the bast meal ever and it was so cute that these boys were so excited to prepare it for us! I guess I could start to like Valentine's Day if it's like that :)

10 comments:

Springers said...

Greg always amazes me! WAy to go... he is so good!! And good for those YM that they actually know how to cook. How impressive!

Susan said...

Way cute!! You can tell Greg that Hayden is totally bummed that he is ym's president and Hayden is not in his ym's! He asked why all the good people move and I agree:)

jill 'E' jam said...

How sweet! I'm wondering how he just happened to have two young men who know how to cook? How fun!!

Cathie said...

I love that! Good job Greg!

Bobbi Mason said...

How great on so many levels. You got treated wonderfully and he taught those boys a valuable lesson. That is one smart sweet cookie! =)

Brooke said...

I heard him talking to a few YM at the Valentine's Dinner and I thought it was such a sweet idea. You guys are so cute!

Chablis said...

Oh my! SO, so cute! What a great lesson Greg taught those boys on how to treat your wife. You are a lucky girl. :)

Karen said...

Ooh, that is a great idea! Way to rack up the points Greg!

So, my little brother is actually getting sealed to his little boy in the Logan temple. I know, those temples look exactly the same to me, too! I do have one of my best friends down in Ephraim, though, and her husband is coincidentally a dentist, too.

Love your updates! Keep em' coming!

Brian & Larissa Lloyd said...

Hope Greg recovers well from the knee surgery. That is AWESOME of the YM!!!

Kelli Proctor said...

so cute! You guys are awesome!