Dear Abby,
So one of my 3-year olds is forming some habits that I'd like to break...quickly! He hoards everything. It first started out a year or so ago when we would leave people's houses we all knew to check his pockets. Now it's escalated to taking things around the house and hoarding them in piles under the bed, in cupboards and closets. If you leave it out, then most likely he's taken it and hidden it. When I ask him why he does it he says because he loves to.
He is also peeing everywhere! The other night both twins were peeing on top of the airhockey table santa brought! Then at the church, he was peeing in the container that holds the cars. At a friend's he's peed all over her wall and some toys. At home he's peed all over his plastic basketball stand!! What do I do??? He's just likes to do it. Please help!!
From, A very desperate mother who is going to go in-sane...oh wait, I'm already there!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
The pee thing sounds horrible! Good luck, I have no advice for that!
As far as the hoarding, some of my kids do that. They just can't seem to let go of anything. Mainly Shaye. Its like everything is so important and she keeps it all. I noticed it may be in response to the fact that I am the exact OPPOSITE! I can't stand stuff. I throw out everything. As soon as they bring home their backpacks I start clearing them out. So I think she was holding on for dear life!
Oh My! LOL. I'm sorry Melinda but your post had me laughing SO hard! I was just about to post ideas for my ONE 3 yr old, let alone 2. I have no idea how you do it but I think you are an awesome mom to some pretty cool boys! Hope that peeing thing stops so it doesn't drive you too crazy...but it totally cracks me up!
I am no help at all am I? :)
Sorry, all I can do is laugh. :) Matthew (also 3) is a hoarder, he just carries ridiculous amounts of toys witih him- I found it helpful to give him a little backpack. Whatever fits in it, he can have. It's silly though! As for the peeing...good luck! :)
I am sorry I just have no advice except take it one day at a time...oh wait maybe one hour a time or even one minute at a time!! I am sorry but I burst out laughing about it when I read about your twins! I can't help it! I love you guys!!!
Sadly, I too have no advice but I guarantee that these will be great stories to torture them with in their older years!!
what? This is awful! that totally suck for you. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Right now we're dealing with Miles and his meaness. He hits everyone. He's just a bully. Sorry, but I don't think I'll trade you on this one. Peeing everywhere isn't a good thing, and sorry I have no advice for you. SPank him.
hmm...the hoarding I am not so sure about...but the peeing I can relate to with atleast one of my boys! I swear Jack went through a phase, oh and I think CJ too, where everytime they peed they would go outside off our front porch! Forget about the fact that we have 3 bathrooms in our house...I'm just saying! Good luck!
Oh boy. I sure hope "Abby" has some answers for you because I sure the heck don't!! You can't help but love him though...really.
I agree with Holly...spank him. If it's not one thing, it's another. Eli sneaks toys to preschool on a regular basis and I get the feeling the teacher thinks it's me. What do you do? I'm sure the peeing thing is just a phase. May God bless your soul for putting up with it!
Oh goodness gracious... I'm so sorry! I just can't help but giggle! It is just a crack up to think of the things that must go through their minds! Yes... may heaven help you! Pee is NO FUN! I am just hoping I am not in your shoes in about a year with Troop!
Oh man! After I got done laughing, all I could think of was good luck and good luck again guys. I've always heard that if we all put our problems in the middle of the room and could choose - we'd all take our own problems back ... is there comfort to be found in this?? ;)
OH MY!! I am just like everyone else, laughing so hard, but offer nothing! Hopefully it will pass soon and he will enjoy the toliet! :) At least you will have some fun stories to tell in a few years.....right? HAHA
Post a Comment