Can you take away one of your child's favorite things as punishment if THEY bought it? Hunter just bought a MP3 player and he loves it so much. I haven't had any reason to take it away...I'm just wondering if that is fair play or not, when the time comes.
4 comments:
I'm totally Blog Stalking off of my dear friend Jill's blog, but saw a lot of people on your blog list I know too... I hope you don't mind.
In answer to your question of taking something that a child purchased with their own money... I personally believe that YES. YOU CAN. If that child is under your roof, and therefore under your care, if they are doing something that warrants loss of a privilege, by all means, TAKE IT AWAY. I tell my children all the time. "I don't care if you bought it. It's under my roof. I can certainly cause you to lose it for a period of time." Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Good luck with that!
Yup, he can have it back when he is 18 and paying taxes. =). Just make him rub your feet and clean the bathrooms before he gets it back, but it's Hunter...............he'll always be a good boy, right? =)
I say it's ok, too, but Hunter is such an awesome kid, it's not likely to even come up! Love you!
That comment was not supposed to be anonymous! It was me!
Post a Comment