In July we got to spend a few weeks in UT, which was really nice because it rained here all summer! Infact it's still raining. This summer has been the coldest on record for AK since the 1950's. It rained 33 straight days and then we had some nice weather for a day or two. Maybe this means winter won't be so long?

Splash pad in Highland, UT. It was fun to be able to spend some time in the sun.

We spent a lot of time in the water since it was so hot.

I got to meet up with some awesome girls while in Utah. Holly Sanders, Me, Deb Cannon & Stacey Mitchell. We all shared a short period of our lives together in Philly.

No wonder I never see the boys at the ranch (fish lake)...they have so many boy cousins to play with!

Austy and Lucky. Austy was never without this dog!

Hunter, Austy & G-pa on G-pa Harr's horse

Ryder & Peyton trying to decide if they like bareback or not.

I thought this was so cute!
At the beginning of August six of us went on a girls trip to Denali. It was a lot of fun! We had fun just being girls...not mom's for a few nights. We went river-running, pictures are somewhere. We hiked, ate, talked all night, slept-in, and ate more!

We all got the same sweathshirts...except Heather's, but it's mostly the same, just ran out of that color. Bobbi, Robyn, Heather, Cathie & Me. Marsha didn't want to get a sweatshirt cuz she said she had too many. I think she got a scarf instead. I really think she just didn't want to match, j/k!

The hot tub over looked the river that we ran. I think that it was past time for the hot tub to be open, but we had just had icecream and so we wanted to warm up a bit. Cathie, me, Robyn

All of us at hot tub.

Eating icecream, and doing as much shopping as you can in Denali at their one row of shops.

On a small hike. Cathie, Marsha, Bobbi, Robyn, me, and Heather. (By the way, Heather had just broken her tow, but she was such a trooper and still kept up with us.)
Now summer is over. The boys have been in school for two weeks. We started JoySchool yesturday with a total of eight kids, flagfootball has taken up a few of our nights. Basketball season soon to start...it's never going to end with four boys! Busy, busy, busy!
6 comments:
What does it mean to "run the river?" I'm glad you got to go have a girls weekend, those are important! Looks like you guys had a good time in Utah too. I heard you were out there for a while. All that rain must have been horrible. If only you knew someone with a house in Hawaii! :-)
i can't believe you had such a rainy cold summer! That is nuts that it rained that many days in a row. Austin and Hunter look so old everytime I see them! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun on your girls trip--wish I could have been there to hang out with you cool girls. Don't get any ideas.
Ah! I knew I should have stayed in Ak for the summer. Then I could have come on the girls trip...if I could have found someone to take my kids that long and not gone broke. But you know, can we do one next year?
Love the girls pics and the one of the twins is priceless.
So fun to see pics of you at the splash park. It makes it seem like maybe you aren't so far away. Hot tubs and ice cream should always go together. Too fun!
So fun!! Looks like your summer was awesome! Sad we missed you while you were in Utah, if we knew you were here we would have had you over for dinner or something!! Maybe next time...Although I do know that when my sis comes into town, we hog her the whole time and she NEVER gets to see her friends..so I understand totally! So let us know if you get a second next time, you totally need to meet ROxy!! Glad you had such an awesome summer!
Post a Comment