Friday, January 15, 2010

Deprived.



So those of you that know me, know that I LOVE candy, any candy. I've been noticing my cute friend Robyn is losing alot of weight, like 25-30 lbs. I want that! Can't I have that and still eat treats? So I finally find out all the details about how she's doing it and it's actually do-able, and I still get treats, only one or two instead of the whole Costco bag :( Anyway, most of you have heard of Weight Watchers. You have a point system and you actually get to eat quite a bit. You are just paying closer attention to portions and you have to write everything down. I started on Sunday, was doing well until...last night! Greg is doing an Isagenix cleanse for the month of January and I guess you just have off nights, but we ate things we weren't supposed to! I don't really feel guilty because that's life. I am just starting again today, it's just that I feel like crap. My stomache keeps gurgling and I had a harder time waking up in the morning. So it goes to show that my body needs Weight Watchers. I know I can stick with it, but here are some things I am learning about myself:

1. When Greg and I go out on a date and food is not involved, then it doesn't really seem like a date. Need to get more creative.

2. When I am relaxing (reading a book, driving, watching 500 DVR'd Medium's) then I feel like I need a treat. This is my bad habit I am trying to break. You can have 5 cups of lowfat popcorn on weight watchers and it only counts as a point. I never really cared for popcorn until now.

3. When I can't have treats...that's all I can think about!!! Help!

4. It truly is POSSIBLE to eat normal food and still lose weight, just portion control it. Who knew! I always thought I'd be depriving myself.

5. I feel not so tired when I eat right and get the water that my body really needs. I thought that I was so tired just from being a mom, but it's the food, I mean treats, I'd been eating.

6. This is bad to admit...but life seems so much happier when treats are involved. I liked eating treats, thanks Bobbi for that huge bag of Lindt Chocolates. I think that's what set me over the top for this diet, well that and gaining weight. I mean really, I thought you could lose weight and almost eat a whole bag of chocolates!

So, that's what has been going through my mind lately and it feels good to write it down. I need a beach body by the time this summer comes around because I will be spending two weeks at Myrtle Beach and I want to feel comfortable in a swimsuit for once!!

8 comments:

west's said...

Umm...yes I feel your pain. Why do we all love candy so much. I could eat candy all day long & nothing else. If I make cookies - they will be gone before Kelly even gets home - eaten by me - not the kids. I hate that that is the way I am. But I find that if I actually buy fruits, veggies & healthier snacks that are quick & ready to go - I will actually eat them. Weird. Sometimes I'll buy fruit or veggies & prepare them that day so I can just pull them out as I please instead of thinking oh that takes way too much time - I'll have Adde's box of fruit snacks instead. & I tried to throw away a lot of the candy we got for Christmas or give it away this year. That helped but doesn't mean that I still don't love candy. It will be the hardest challenge of my life. Look at mom - sneaking out at midnight to eat a whole batch of freshly made goodies & she claims she didn't know she did it. Is that how I'll end up? Please no. Let me know how weight watchers goes. Are you actually going & paying for it or are you doing your own thing? Kelly's work can get a discount for it so I've considered doing it. Right now the big thing here is the MSG (or whatever) shot that is the pregnancy hormone & people all around us are getting skinny like crazy & it's hard to not fall into that. Pure starvation mode though. Sorry - I just went on a huge posting tangent. Next time I'll call you. BTW how far out are you to moving in to your new home?

Jason and Kristin said...

You are so brave. I need to get rid of the candy too but I LOVE it soooo much! For me the trick is to just not buy it. If it's in the house I'm going to eat it. But then if we don't have it I find myself breaking into the chocolate chips! I have branched out to the 100 calorie bag of kettle corn popcorn. I'm guessing that's better than eating a Snickers bar :). Good Luck!

Kritta22 said...

i LOVE candy too! Seriously...I think the people that made register lines are evil!!!

about the date thing...there's a blog...LDS safe...Love, Actually. She has fun ideas for dates without going rated R.

Chablis said...

Honey, we are kindred spirits I think! All your thoughts are my thoughts exactly!!

You're inspiring me...if you can do it, so can I!

Springers said...

Here, Here! I did the WW thing for a while and liked it. Its not as limiting as other things, but I did get tired of counting points. But if you eat the same things after a while its easier. Just the picture of the truffles kills me! Those are my FAVORITE! And right now, being 7 months prego, I am on an eating rampage. I won't tell you how bad! :-) I am going to regret it, but am using the excuse for now!
I know what you mean. Food is so social and things don't seem fun unless you go out and eat, or bake for friends, or whatever. Let me know when you find other fun ways to go out!
and BTW, we are not going to MB this year. I really want to, but we are expecting to move this summer and we don't know where to, so that makes it hard to plan a trip and buy tickets and so forth. We are definately going to to to UT for Thanksgiving though. Are you guys going to be around then? And I am going to St.George on THursday for a visit.

Bobbi Mason said...

Pick me up and put me on your bandwagon!!!!! My butt needs serious help!!! Are you going to weekly meeting? My sis is doing WW too and she has lost 15lbs already!....do they sell willpower?

Jamie said...

I wonder if some of that passion for eating & sweets is genetic because almost that whole post could have been written by me! I can totally relate & I wish you luck on your "diet". I'm trying to eat better this year, too & the trick I have found is to not tell myself I can't have a certain food because once I do that's all I can think about & that's all I want to eat. Like you said, it's about portion control. If you want a treat eat it, but eat one or two not the whole bag...just like you said. If you have any other "revelations" that work for you let me know!

Quiggle said...

When I did WW I would save up all my extra points. Then we would usually go out on the weekend. I would get whatever I wanted to eat. This worked out good because I totally looked forward to it and didn't feel deprived.