I have found a few things that have made life so much easier for me. If you have something, please put it in a comment. I am always looking for ways to simplify my life!
1. Plastic bowls with straws in them for .99 cents! Now the twins don't dump as much milk all over the place. Dried milk is a pain to clean up.
2. Rubberbands on my cupboards! Life saver. Even if it is loose and they can get in it, they won't even try. Plus rubberbands are great for days when my pants feel a little too tight! Bonus!!
3. It's called "Present" from Philosophy, it's a face product. It temporarily takes away wrinkles. You put it on, let it dry for over 2 minutes and wa-la! Magic in a bottle is what I call it.
4. Hair putty styling paste. No matter what kind of hair day I am having, this stuff makes my hair do anything.
5. Thanks to Jessi for this one: SmartMouth Mouthwash. It's amazing. My breath doesn't reek near as bad as it used to!
6. Bag-a-bon: It's so great! I put it on the babies everyday because their skin doesn't quite agree with any weather. It's amazing stuff, I think it's for cow's utters, but the babies are so smooth a little later in the day.
7. Cold water, an apple and a cheesestick. I like to eat when I am in the car. If I carry these things in my car with me then I WILL eat them.
8. I have this brush made out of cactus. You rub it all over your skin before you shower and it's supposed to help with your circulation and cellulite. Even though it probably doesn't work, my brain doesn't know any better and it feels good to brush the crap out of your skin!
9. I love to get a pedicure, who doesn't? But I can't always afford to go everytime my nails chip. So I found these awesome strips, and a french manicure set at Walmart and now I can do it myself. It's not as relaxing, but definetly affordable.
10. I love the internet! I know there is a lot of scary stuff on it, but there is also so much great stuff. I don't ever have to leave my house to shop. It's all categorized. You can find anything on the internet. Can't live without it!
If you have anything to share, please do!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
automatic start on the truck: (I don't have it but want it soooo bad!) Can you just imagine getting in the car all toasty warm in this ten degree weather.
baby gates: sometimes we'll block Connor in the living just so we can watch a movie without all the buttons of his toys!
heating blanket: I totally HATE the feel of it but I put it into between two quilts, turn it on before bed and BAM!! a happy mom!
(Can you tell I'm cold here?!)
I'll have to think on this some more! Great post.
I gotta get my hands on one of those cactus brushes...sounds fun! I am OBSESSED with learning things on the internet, I google everything!
A few things I can't live without:
BIZ - it's like oxi-clean for laundry only like, 10 times better! Let the clothes soak for a day in that stuff and anything comes out - even old grease stains.
Fuzzy socks - my feet are always cold, and they make such cute socks these days!
basketts - I use basketts to hold everything, all over my house. They look so much better sitting on a shelf, even if the products are organized.
I'm sure I can come up with more...
Great helps Melinda! I'm wondering, though, how many stitches do you have from the cactus brush. lol!
Great Ideas Melinda,
Here's my two cents:
mineral makeup - esp. the foundation, because the minerals are too large to absorb into the pores of your skin, thus no breakouts.
Olive oil for your hands at night..Sounds gross but works. plus it's cheap and everyone has olive oil right?
Kellog's 90 calorie bars. They taste great and are a good (lower calorie) way to curb my carb cravings when I need something.
Propel powder mix. I have a hard time drinking straight water and this helps me drink more because it tastes good and is good for you. I sound like a commercial.
etsy.com. I love the creative, fun stuff you can find on there.
Last of all, at night I rub Aquaphor all over the bottoms of my feet and go to sleep. Works like a charm. (because seriously my feet get worse than sand paper!) I'm thinking you could use that same stuff you use on your boys.
Love this post. I may just have to copy.
WOW, that brush sounds so cool? Where can I get a cactus brush?! My coolest hair dresser in the world introduced me to this stuff called Moroccan Oil, it makes my hair so soft and awesome, plus I think it helps keep my color when I color my hair!
Thanks so much for your sweet words, you are so awesome! I didnt realize you went through a miscarriage too. It has been so comforting and insightful to hear others stories. Thanks so much, it would be fun for you guys to live closer, I agree!
Rog is super excited about playing football again, he is like a little boy! They actually already made him a part of the management for the team since he is going to redo their website! Their first game is at the REAL soccer stadium in March and he is like going crazy! He is so excited, I on the other hand am slightly more nervous than excited. But I am happy for him! It actually is one step down from arena, but I think the plan is to see how he does this year and see how he feels about arena next year....hmmmm...we will see!
Thanks again Melinda, you are so awesome!
Thanks for the great suggestions. I'm going to try some of them. I agree with you about the internet. It is great to get anything I need and I can shop around and make sure I get the absolute best price, all without having to leave my house & get dressed.
I just remembered that my favorite thing & an essential item for a mom of all boys, is called the Flippee. Essentially it turns your toilet into a urinal so they actually HIT the toilet every time they use it. It is a dream come true in my house & has reduced the amount of time I spend cleaning my bathroom. Look it up online & it will show you pictures so you can understand how it works. Best $20 I've ever spent!
In response to your note, I'll give you the exact dimensions & instructions for the crayon thing if you're interested. They're so easy to make!
I will have to try some of these! Your comment about your breath cracked me up!
Also, thanks for the tips on dog training...I need all the help I can get! I have to have a dog that is well-behaved or I will go nuts!!
This was a good post. I think the brush sounds awesome! And that Philosophy stuff sounds good. I am getting old :) Thanks for all the tips!
I think I am boring right now! I can't think of any "Little Helps"
I did a post like this a couple of months ago, and my biggest "little help" is my Clarisonic. Can't say enough about it! It is awesome for so many reasons. Well worth the money for sure!
Also, I have to say I love my DVR. I love just programing in my shows and when I finally get to sit down at night and relax, there they all are, waiting for me!
I am glad your breath isn't bad after using that mouth wash. That's funny! Do you just get it at the normal grocery store? I never think my breath is bad until I am talking close to Jaeson and he tells me. I hate bad breath! I will have to try that!
I loved this post! I am going to go out and get myself some of that stuff for my wrinkles!
I know we have a ton of things and my brain is not working right now. I will have to think about this one.
Post a Comment