Thursday, October 9, 2008

Target!

You might think I am crazy for posting about Target, but I just can't help myself. Anchorage just got it's first Target and I was dumb enough to go on the soft opening day, grand opening isn't until Sunday. It was like Black Friday, but with lot's of kids involved as well. I think what I love most about Target is the familiarity of a store that I grew up with. I go in there and feel right at home. The other best thing is that they built Target just over the free-way from where we live! Also going in is a Kohl's, Best Buy, Lowe's, Sport's Authority and we heard maybe Olive Garden! Anchorage is growing!!

10 comments:

Susan said...

I heard Target was open. If I weren't so wary of big crowds I would have gone and from the sound of it I'm glad I didn't!! I didn't know we were getting a Khols- Anchorage really is growing and on our side of town:)

Eden said...

I TOTALLY went last night.I even stood in line for 30 minutes to buy like 3 items,lol! I HAD to go though...its TARGET!It was as exciting to me as Disneyland is for kids..sad I know.

Kritta22 said...

I totally went yesterday!! Mychel Hulet, and Brittany Willens all went there just to say we did!! :) IT wasn't that bad inside. The parking lot was crazy though!
I only bought batteries and a book but not the point...it's here!!!! FINALLY here!! I totally forgot they had a shoe section! :)

Lisa said...

I absolutely LOVE Target! I wish we had one here, but I will make special trips to go up north just to go there. You are so lucky!

Karen said...

Seriously! Anchorage is moving up in the world. I didn't grow up with a Target, but now that it's part of my life...I could never live without it. ;)

Jason and Kristin said...

I'm so happy for you. Next to Disneyland Target might be the happiest place on earth!

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

So happy for you! Target is seriously the BEST! We go there even without anything in mind to buy, but look and of course there is always something we NEED! If it makes you feel any better, we have had snow flurries all day. Too soon for the cold if you ask me!

Holly Sanders said...

i love target! no need to be ashamed~

Springers said...

I am so jealous! I wish we had a Target. And you are getting Kohls!! Those are the two stores I wish we had here in out small town. Sounds like Anchorage is on a roll! :)

Karen said...

Target and Kohls are the two stores I live at. Of course it helps that they built both of them just after we moved here. I can see them out my window. Yeah for you! You will love them!