Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July


For the 4th we ended up camping about 15 minutes from home. That works out perfect for me because then I can run home and do some wash or pick up things I've forgotten, or take a shower. It was a fun time 4-wheeling, playing games, eating LOT'S of smores and just hanging out. We got to see some very late night fireworks from a town close by. They had to shoot them off at midnight, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to see them! If you look closely you can see the mosquito bites all over the babies faces. They must be really sweet for the mosquito's to like them that much.
Enjoying smores. A nightly tradition.
Ryder in dirt heaven.
Nancy Newell, Katie Russell and Robyn Newell. We are enjoying a game of dominos while the men are out 4-wheeling with the older kids.
Peyton's first bloody nose. It seems we have always documented all of our boys 1st bloody encounters. Why? I don't know, it's a guy thing and I am out-voted!

This isn't from camping, but it sure is cute! It doesn't matter how slowly I open the dishwasher they can hear it and they speed crawl to it. Just recently they figured out how to get up onto it, or maybe they helped each other up.




18 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

How fun! Bummer about the bloody nose and the dishwasher picture was so stinking cute. Jonah comes running when he hears me open ours too.

Kritta22 said...

What a cute family you have!! How'd the munchkin get the bloody nose? Connor hasn't had one yet but I feel it coming on. He head-butts EVERYTHING!!

Cannon Fam said...

The twins looks so much older! I love that dishwasher pic! Little partners in crime! Camping looks fun too, I was surprised to see the Newells there at first! That must be fun to have them there.

We just went camping a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a long time. It was way fun, but oh so much work for just one night! We were only 15 min. from our house too. That is the way to do it w/ little kids. You're amazing to do it w/ the twins being that age. That is the hardest age to take camping!

Eden said...

You are so brave camping w/ babies! You look like you had extra hands to help keep them out of trouble while you were there. We keep talking about going camping but it seems that every run of good weather we get... ends on FRIDAY and resumes on Monday or Tuesday?! lol! grr this summer is leaving much to be desired.

Smedley Family said...

Fun you guys! Did you go to Eagle River Campground? Next year you'll have to go to the fireworks here at midnight. THe older church building is right across the street from the fireworks, so all the members sit on the lawn and watch and chat with friends. Very fun, and the fireworks are probably one of the best to watch!

carlston said...

Melinda... your little twins are sooooo cute. Oh, they are darling.

Camping is the best because it seems like the one place where you can let your kids do what they want and not care... like wander and explore, eat dirt, sit in dirt, not was h hands, wear the same clothes over and over, etc. You are quite the pro I will say.

Shannon said...

It always looks like you have really good friends to hang out! Looks like lots of fun.....and I understand the dishwasher thing, I am sure by the time we move I will have to by a new one, she is going to bust the door off of it.

Holly Sanders said...

Owen was worried about the boys having west nile from all those bites. He says the mosquitos in Alaska are the size of a small child.

Michelle & Steve said...

Looks like a great 4th. It reminded me of camping with you guys in Philly. A great trip minus the KILLER humidity! :)

Also, I think a girl's trip would be great! We need to make it happen...

Beth said...

I wish we had gone camping with you guys! Looks like a great time! I haven't talked to Robyn to see how they are settling in to Alaska. It's great they have you guys as friends already.

Loved the dishwasher pic too. I know I have pictures like that of my kids, but it's twice as cute with two.

Alyssa said...

What fun! I am in total agreement about camping 15 min from home! Looks like you guys had fun! Great to see the Newells up there too...it gets me all homesick for Philly!
p.s. I'm in for a girl's trip too!

Kendall & Nichole said...

Listen here missy, you don't get me all attached to this blogging thing and then never make any posts, and don't even think that a trip to UT will get you out of it for even longer. Love ya

Quinn and Tami Bell said...

Melinda,
What are you guys doing to your kids? Mesquito bites all over the face, Bloody noses, Camping out in the wild Alaska, with the Bears and Moose! MELINDA!
I saw Robyn in a picture, I think you said they moved there right?
It was good talking to you the other day.

Springers said...

So the weather is nice enough there to camp huh? I guess I just always assume its freezing cold! We are going camping this week and I can't wait for campfire smores. Yumm...

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

You forgot to note why the bloody nose?? You have left me in suspense!

Lisa said...

So I swear I posted a comment on this, but I guess not. Anyways, do you guys see a lot of bears when you go camping? Your boys are too cute! They sure get down and dirty :)

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

Cute camping pictures. We just got back from camping last weekend, and oh how I despise it. Wish I didn't because me kids love it. In answer to your question, go to your dashboard, scroll down a little to where it says "Show off your favorite blog with a list" or something like that, just look for the list like mine and follow the directions. You do have to copy and paste everyones links again, but it saves so much time, I love it! Let me know if you have questions.

Brian & Larissa Lloyd said...

Yeh this comment is late, but don't you just wish you could just put your kids in the dishwasher and surprise... they're clean!! The boys are getting so big and so cute. Lots of fun I'll bet!! It was good seeing you this summer.