Monday, June 30, 2008

Suicide Run!

The other night Greg took Hunter and Austin, along with our friends Randy and his son Hunter (our Hunter's are only 1.5 months apart) on a suicide fishing run. They left at 3pm and got home at 3:44am, according to Hunter. Greg caught nothing, only Tim who I swear is a professional fisherman caught anything. Not only did he not catch anything he broke both of his poles and sprained his ankle. I woke them all up at 10am for church and they didn't complain the whole day! I thought this picture was cute of them in their bibs.
It looks like Austin has had a rough night, soaking his feet. He's probably seeing if his waders really are waterproof or maybe he's checking out the black bear across the river!
See the black blob, that's the bear. Good thing he didn't come swimming across the river.

7 comments:

Smedley Family said...

Be grateful he didn't drag you along! LOL. Jason used to drag me along on those runs, with very little to bring back. No more or those for me!! But good times with their dad eh!!

Susan said...

How fun to have dads that will do that stuff!! They are troopers for getting up without complaint for church. Better luck with the fish next time!

jess said...

See - you guys are always doing fun things. Crazy. I don't think I would want to be out all night fishing, but it sounds fun. I love Austin wading his feet in the water. Just like when we went 4-wheelin' and he went and got wet even though it was COLD!! The bear is pretty sweet. Your boys really are troopers

Kritta22 said...

My hubby did a suicide run last week too! Silly boys and their toys!! :)

carlston said...

As far as Alaska is from family and the lower 48, it's apparent that you guys were meant to be in AK. Your little guys are so cute and great little sportsmen.

Let's get brainstorming on a girls trip... seriously.

Anonymous said...

I like these pictures - they really tell the story ... Greg sure has fun with his boys - it's worth all the time in the world for them to go with him, huh?

The bear! Whoa! I would be a little freaked - were they?

Springers said...

Sam has been taking the kids fishing a lot lately, but I don't know what they would think about fishing with a bear!