Monday, June 13, 2011

A few things

Our trip to Hawaii in April. With friends, Nichole and Kendall Skinner
Greg and I on the beach in Honolulu
Greg shaved the twins curls off in April. They keep asking when they are going to get their big hair back.
Hunter thought this would be the funniest picture, so he made greg shave only the top off.
This past Saturday we did the women's run for breast cancer. It's a five mile run. We are missing Anne Reed in this picture. But it was so fun to run with these girls. (Me, LouAnne (Erin's mom), Erin Nisonger, Kandace Clove (Greg's niece), Brooke Cook)
In April the key was left on the treadmill and Ryder decided to go for a run. He fell and sliced his face open. Greg usually stitches the boys up, but he wouldn't touch this one, either would the ER doctors. They brought in a plastic surgeon. He's healing really well, but it was so sad to see his poor face!
Friday night we hiked the Winners Creek trail in Girdwood. It was such a beautiful hike. Towards the end you had to pulley yourself across this river. Kandace, Austin and Peyton took the first turn.
Kandace (Greg's niece is living with us for the summer) and myself on hike.
Twins "baring" their bums on hike.
One night we saw two porcupines on our front porch. Greg opened the door to look at them and it acted like it was just going to come right in our house.

10 comments:

Holly Sanders said...

you guys always look like you're having such a fun time! I can't believe Ryder's face? that is so scary--he looks so traumatic with him being intubated! glad he's healing!

jill 'E' jam said...

Poor Ryder!!! I hardly recognize them without their hair. I'm thinking Jed needs the same summer haircut ;) Can you come over and help me pin him down? LOL Miss seeing you, my friend!

Susan said...

You always have so many adventures- whether you're looking for them or not!! Ryder's face seems like a very traumatizing mommy and little boy moment! I love the winter creek trail and Ann told me you all had a great run on Saturday:) Missing you bunches!!

Chablis said...

That picture of Ryder under sedation is so sad! You can hardly tell he had such an ordeal now though!
That porcupine looks so funny! Greg should have gone out to pet him. ;)

Kritta22 said...

Oh my stink! I about peed my pants with the haircut picture!!! So funny!
Umm you are still running and prego? You're my hero!!! Seriously.
How did you do with Ryder? Connor did the same thing on our treadmill in ak when he was little. I think our boys should never hang out. We would be in the er the whole time!!!!

hmrjohnson said...

I love the bare bum shot. It makes me laugh! :) I can't believe you had a porcupine on your front door. That's pretty cool though. I know brooke said she saw some by her house just before we left.

Anonymous said...

Okay. I am really bad at reading blogs and keeping up ... but I had a few seconds tonight and am catching up. Congrats on BOY #5. I actually think that is great!

Springers said...

I hope that picture of Ryder is one of those "looks worse than it was" things. That looks so terrible!
What a beautiful hike you guys went on.
I think the name Brooks is great! :) My brother's name is actually Eric Brooks. Did you know that? He's always been Brooks since my dad goes by Edward... but his name is actually Edward Eric. Crazy Robinson thing I guess! I have a good friend here named Brooke Brooks. Now that's somethin'.... :-)

Bobbi Mason said...

The haircut pic could seriously win a prize. The porcupine.......can't believe it, they are so shy. Love the peeing picture. Classic. You are such a brave momma with Ryder's ordeal. What adventures you have my friend. =)

Brian & Larissa Lloyd said...

That is so sad about Ryders face. I didn't even know. I haven't been on your blog for a little bit. You need to put my email in your settings so I can be notified everytime you update it. We miss you guys! & love you guys!