Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Myrtle Beach, SC

So the past few weeks I've been in Myrtle Beach with my family. The first week was supposed to be a "sister's" retreat, but only myself and my youngest sister was able to make it out of our family. Well, also my mom and dad, they drive their 5th wheel there and stay for a few months. So we thought we were going to have this relaxing week with just our small children (hunter and austin came later with greg). What were we thinking? We had four children under the age of 5...it was not relaxing, but fun to spend some time with my sister and the boys spending time with cousins they barely knew. It was fun when Greg came with the boys because they also got to spend time with some cousins. Out of ten kids only four of us made the trip. We only do it every three years and I missed last trip because I was delivering the twins. But my oldest sister Larissa, her husband Brian, daughters Gentri and Brileigh, and Brian's mother-in-law and her friend came. My brother Russ and his wife Susan, and their two sons Boston and Phoenix came. And my youngest sister, Jessica and her husband Kelly came with their two kids, Adde and Ezra. It was a fun time and I am glad to spend some time with some of my siblings.

We did some fun things. One of the days we decided to go and visit a rice plantation home. I love the old history. Greg and all the other husbands opted to stay and babysit the kids. The place was beautiful and full of history.

We also took the kids to see "Legends". It's where singers impersonate legend singers. We've seen it before, but this time we thought it would be fun to take the boys. They did love it. Hunter had a few of the people sign his shirt after. They had a Michael Jackson impersonator and you would've thought it was really him. This person did such a great job. Actually, all of them did a great job.

The last pictures on the slide are of my garage. We had a friend acid wash our garage floor and I had no idea what I was going to come home to. I am very impressed with how it turned out that I had to post a picture.

5 comments:

west's said...

I love the way the garage floors turned out. Wish I could see them in person. & I just wanna squeeze my little one eyed buddy. I love it!! So glad we got to hang out lots even though it was stressful with the kiddles it was still a lot of fun!

Cathie said...

How fun! I am aching for the beach now! You are so tan and always gorgeous! Your garage floor is REALLY awesome!

Chablis said...

That is so funny...what were you thinking having a relaxing vacay with so many little kids!?!? Haha. Good memories though, right? You look so pretty, you just keep losing weight and i just keep gaining...

Springers said...

So fun! I wish we could have made it. Do you guys have any holiday plans? Is the family getting together for anything?

Bobbi Mason said...

Makes me ache for the beach! I love your comment about Greg's "just smiling". Rizz does the same thing! Grrr!. The pics with the boys with their backs to you are so precious.