So I am just sitting here thinking how great it is that there is no noise around me and I can blog for a minute. As much as I love my kids, and obviously wouldn't have it any other way, I sometimes day dream of those days that are long gone...days that are just about ME! The excitement of Greg picking me up on a date, or the thought of when would I see him again. Or going out with my girlfriends with no guilt of leaving the kids and husband. Or my mother taking care of me. Or if I wanted to read ALL day long, I could. Or if I didn't want to be found, no one would try. Is this all bad of me? It's almost like confession time right now!
When I was little I just knew I wanted to be a mother more than anything in this world, but sometimes I wonder if I am cut out to have that much patience...and my kids aren't even teenagers yet! Now the last day of school is upon us and my boys will all be at home. Should I pray for patience? No, I probably won't...last time I did that I was tested to the max!
I do need to add a little blurb about Hunter, my 10 1/2 year old. He is a very loving boy, usually very mature for his age and I forget he is 10. Well, yesturday as he came home from school he was making a whole lot of noise. So I told him to please not make so much noise because the twins were asleep. But the noise continued and it kinda ticked me off that he would ignore me. So this time I was just a tad bit less and asked why he would ignore me and make so much noise. He blew up at me and told me that he didn't mean to. Doesn't he know that all I needed to hear was that the first time? No he doesn't know this yet, because he is a man child. So I send him to his bed, because obviously this behavior requires that he needs a nap. Then our neighbor came by and needed his help. I said only if you change his attitude. Sure enough, he came back from helping and he gave me a big hug and said he was sorry. Times like these are what makes it all worth it. Or when the twins call out to me "mama, where are you?" Just their sweet voices make me happy. Or when big Aust wants to do FHE and has us all write down nice things we are going to do to be like Jesus...and then all week he actually does it.
Anyway, life goes on and the reality of it is that I am a mother to four sweet boys and I wouldn't change it no matter what! Plus, I still love my jr/high school sweet heart...it can't get better than that, can it?
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
I had a bad mom moment last night...sigh.
This blog entry makes you normal.........or maybe it makes me feel normal.....whatever the case, i get it. =)
We are going to do a girls camping trip when you get back in June. I dream of it already. =)
I remember having a blog post with the same title and the pictures were of my 3 yo jumping off the deck onto the trampoline. I love the "snapshot" moments when I can see that things are really good. Thanks for the post =D
Oh boy. I just had a very similar event with Gracie last night. She was ignoring me, so I slapped her hand. Then all H*#$ broke loose. :) {...girls}
You are the BEST mom! For real. I think about you all the time and I really admire you. Your boys are GOOD boys. Love you!
I find comfort in the fact that all moms have bad mommy moments- even the best of them:) Miss you!!
Melinda--you are an incredible mom and I think it is completely normal (and what keeps us sane), to dream about remember whens... On a different note, I got your comment about the race...all 12 runners had different milage. Some ran 12+ miles and some ran around 20. I ran a total of about 18. I am training for the St. George marathon but I would LVOE to come up there and run a half with you...better yet, let's pick a fun place we could meet and catch up while we run the race.
Annalee
you are so cute Melinda, I just love you! And yes, we all miss those moments, but wouldnt trade what we have been blessed with for the world!
you are one of the best moms i know! some days are just really hard...and i hate it when i let it get to me, too. love ya!
Melinda,
You are awesome! One thing I always loved about you was how real a person you were back in the day. You obviously still are.
I have those moments too. I guess if we ask the question if we are good moms that makes us one because it shows we care & want to do the best we can for them.
I just found your blog today. I love it! You guys are so awesome & it makes my heart so happy to see how well you guys have made it. I always thought you were perfect for each other & the fact you have come so far just says I am right.
Bless you & that beautiful family of yours! Don't ever doubt you got what it takes..you were meant to be those kids mom.
Love to you!
Oh, how I have those thoughts! Days of doing whatever I want, and for more than just 1 hour before its time to feed babies and take baths and clean house....
You are an awesome mom, and seem to have the perfect life! (ok, so it seems that way from this side of the computer!) I am so jealous of the "best friend" marriage you and Gregg have, your fabulous trips, great boys, and fun adventures!
I wish we were going to be in Myrtle Beach next week to see you all. Have fun!
No, you are not a bad mom at all...completely normal. I think every mom goes through moments like that. I was dreading the summer for that same reason, but in the end we've just tried to plan lots of activities & I've been having lots of fun bonding with my boys.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels that way! :)
I often have flashbacks of the good ole days. Anyone who says they don't, is a liar. :)
Post a Comment