Tuesday, February 2, 2010

helping with laundry

I know I post a lot about the twins, but they do take up a lot of my time. Lately they have been helping me with the laundry. I will fold all the clothes into piles for each person and then as I take a pile up to their room I hear tiny voices saying "dis is heby". I look downstairs to find them carrying up everyone's laundry. Can't get mad at that right? (even if they unfold eveything you just did). Anyway, I praise them for helping and then they disappear back downstairs to "help" with another load. Later in the day as I am looking for the clothes that the twins helped with, they are no-where to be found. Eventually I am finding piles of clothes by the front door, or on shelves in closets. Their own clothes they are trying to put away and they are everywhere in their room. It really is cute of them, especially when they are putting older brother's undies on, both legs through one leg hole!

6 comments:

callie carlston said...

Melinda... I miss you. I'm so glad you are still blogging. I start thinking that I need to get back into it and then I get totally overwhelmed and cross it off my list. Anyway, it's so great to keep in touch with you this way. Your boys are so darling. I was thinking of you this morning because I need someone to help me convert to scouting. Luke turned 8 last fall, I'm now the den leader and I have about inch of interest. ahhhh! I know you would be the perfect person to get me out of this funk. Anyway, just know I think of you and miss you and love reading your updates.

Bobbi Mason said...

I love when they "help" with laundry. I can never put laundry away when the babies are awake. Those boys are just way too cute! You will always be taken care of. =)

Holly Sanders said...

too cute. How do you keep up with those 2 anyways? I can hardly do it with one. What ever did you do when they were both crawling and eating off the floor and getting into stuff they weren't supposed to? I can barely keep up with Miles these days. i just came up with my brilliant solution to my already hating laundry problem. I went to Target and they have these cute canvas bins in the boy/girl bedroom decor section. They have handles on them and they are just big enough to keep everything in and not too big to carry. So everyone has a bin--including Owen and as I fold, I put it in their bin and then they are responsible for putting it in their drawers. It also works great for picking up odds and ends that are theirs. It just got to be too much for me and I was finding that there was A LOT of laundry that had been folded and put back in the basket and never put away. I just should have done this earlier. hey, when is the big day what you move in your house? I would LOVE to see pics.

Shannan said...

Hi Melinda!
This is Shannan Hansen from AF. I found you guys through Andy Dollars site. It is so good to read about you and Greg and your cute boys. You have your hands full with those twins! My two youngests are 2 and 1 and I often wonder which would be worse...2 and 1 or twins. I am not sure!! They are BOTH hard and I love your quote on the side that reminds us to enjoy our kids now because they will always be a handful no matter what age.
It was great to "see" you!
Shannan

Kelli Proctor said...

I know, I love it when my kids "help" too! That is such a cute little story! You will be glad you wrote that one down! They are so cute!

Christina Bitner said...

So Cute! We just had another little one of our own! Sounds like all is well in Alaska. We enjoy Oregon alot. It is beautiful! I just popped on to say Hi!