Hunter asked to type a paper for school (3rd grade, didn't have to, just likes to use the computer) and after he printed it out I asked to read it and he told me not right now. Well, he forgot to delete it after he printed it. This is really cute. He has always liked to write and draw. I have a nephew, Ethyn, who Hunter totally reminds me of. Ethyn also likes to write books. So here it is....word for word his own typing...oh, it is from when we went to Disney Land in 2007.
It is titled "The Matterhorn"
“RRAARR” “AAAAA” “Come on, you’ll love the ride. Just because people are screaming- it’s not going to be scary”, Dad encouraged me. This all started when my family went to Disney Land. The first ride I saw was The Matter Horn. It looked like a mountain and was tall. My Dad kept encouraging me to go on it.
“All right, I’ll think about it”, I told Dad. If I go on it, I thought, it might be freaky. And I don’t know if it’ll be fun. But if I don’t go on it, I won’t know what it’s like.
So I told Dad “Okay”. I went on the ride. “RRAARR” I heard it again. Then I saw a pair of bright red eyes. And then I saw a hairy white body. It was a mechanical Abominable Snow Man. “You were right, Dad, this is fun”, I admitted. I felt good about going on The Matter Horn. “I know, I’m always right”, Dad told me.
THE END
Isn't that cute! I am glad that he is learning that dad is always right.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
That's too funny! Hopefully he'll remember that for a long time (especially when he's about 16 right?)
I had to read this essay and how greg pulled austin's front teeth out to zack. so funny!! we love you guys!
so cute! austin is a great writer!!! :) what a great memory for him to save for later.
Ahhhh! he writes really well! Wade Just finished his Science fair project (deadline pusher,grr!)Austin Volunteered to type it?! wow, that is so awesome. We have to coach Wade through every step. Jared helped him write it, Dan'Yelle helped him ALOT with the Presentation board. Ro came by, after Wade left it unattended....drew on it! So I photographed the experiment being done...again.So we could cover up her doodles with pictures lol!
Awwww! That is darling! I think I would cry if my Gracie was old enough to write a cute essay like that. (My baby is old and smart!!) I couldn't take it.
That is so cute and impressive! Smart kid! Fun pictures on your last post!
wow,
Greg is one lucky man. My kids figured me out way before they hit their 3rd b-day
that's not bad! He had to have spell checked to get those hard words right. Maggie loves to write stories too. I can just hear Greg saying I'm always right--I've heard that before!
Hi Melinda... I have been such a slacker with blogs. I'm a facebook junkie right now!. Anyway, I love checking in on you. I'm not sure your boys could get any cuter. That little Hunter is quite the smart kid. Loved his essay. We love the matterhorn. I'm terribly envious of your trip to Hawaii. Hope all is well AK. We still have plans to eventually visit.
Oh that is so way cute! He is a talented little writer for sure, I was captivated from the beginning to end. He really does write well, and its good he is learning at a young age that is dad is always right! haha!
That is way too cute! I am glad that you got a hold of it! I love that part about Greg saying he is always right. I could just see Greg telling him those things he wrote in the essay. So funny!
I love it!!
I'm glad you put it on here for later.
Can't help but laugh out loud at the end! Cute essay
Post a Comment