Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good News...and...Bad News

The good news is we get to try again. The bad news is I've had another miscarriage.

We hadn't told anybody our news because of this very reason. I went to the dr's yesturday (Monday) thinking I would have a 10 week fetus growing inside me. When he measured it and asked "when was the first time you had a positive pregnancy test because this baby is not measuring 10 weeks". I knew then that things were not good. He told me that it measured 6 weeks and he could find no heartbeat. It was like dajavue all over again...even the time of year! With my first miscarriage the dr said that possibly I have low progesterone and so the next time I get pregnant to call him ASAP. So with the twins I called him immediately, they took my blood. My progesterone was low and so I was prescribed supplements. And my body held onto that pregnancy.

As soon as we got back from Hawaii I knew that I was at least 6 weeks. So I called the dr's, got my blood drawn, and again my progesterone was low. But the blood results don't come back for a week. So I think my body couldn't hold onto that pregnancy. That was the week I needed the supplements. I've had no symptoms of miscarriage, until today, which only confirms what the dr told me yesturday. The only hard part is that I wish that my body would show sign of miscarriage immediately. I have gone an additional 4 weeks thinking I am pregnant. Although, I was very leary this time around. So I go in on Friday to get cleaned out.

I called Greg when I got home from the Dr's. I was really stong until then. Then when I heard his voice I just couldn't hold back the tears. I think I only was crying because I have to go through the whole process with the hospital again and I knew Greg had a CE course that he had already paid for. I know I wasn't crying because I miscarried, because I have been so blessed with 4 healthy boys who make my life so happy! I put the babies down for a nap and just laid in their room until they fell asleep. I guess I did too because the next thing I know Greg is right in front of my face. I must say it scared the crap out of me. Again I started crying. I knew he was sad for me and he decided that he needed to be at home with me, not at work. Then he found a babysitter all by himself and took me out shopping and for dinner (we celebrated my birthday early). I have some pretty great friends and family that I know would have been very supportive about this whole thing, but I didn't realize how much I needed Greg for this moment. Thank goodness he was taking the CE course on Friday because his whole schedule was already cleared at work and he thought he had paid for the course, but they don't accept the credit card he gave them. It all worked out perfect, for the best. He gets to come with me Friday. Last time this happened he was only able to be there to drop me off. But then I had an amazing friend (you know who you are) that stayed with me and took me home. See I have such supportive friends here!

So life goes on and we try again as soon as the dr okay's it. I hope this isn't a trend...miscarriage, twins...miscarriage...????

26 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

I'm so sorry. I miscarried once after trying for 3 years to get pregnant so I feel for you. Good luck on Friday and what a blessing how all the scheduling worked out!

Eden said...

I am so Sorry- I have two that we get to meet in the when we all get to the celestial kingdom~ both happened right after Liam~ I wont tell you what seems to be the "popular consolation" that you have such a great size family already...When you KNOW someone else is supposed to be there in your family. I know how your heart hurts. I love you <3 Eden

west's said...

I knew exactly what your post was going to be just by reading the title. I'm so sorry - that's so sad but now you're just going to have another set of twins. I didn't know you guys were already for another little babe. Aren't you so glad that you do have the four healthy boys that you do it makes life that much better. Well - hope the thing on Friday goes well & I'm glad that Greg is able to be there for you. Happy Birthday by the way. That's not a good way to tell you happy birthday. I'll call you.

Holly Sanders said...

oh, I'm sad for you! The worst part is that you had to be pregnant 4 extra weeks. I remember when I had my miscarriage and I didn't get my D & C until I was almost 13 weeks. That whole time I didn't feel good and thought i was pregnant. So disappointing. But... It's good to know that it's early enough--obviously something wasn't right. I'm so sorry! What if this ends up being a trend? 2 sets of twins--you could be on one of those reality shows on TLC.

Holly Sanders said...

Happy Birthday by the way! I will try to ring you today!

Teri said...

Is it your birthday today? Well Happy Birthday!...And I'm so sorry for your news. I don't know what losing one is like, I only know what not being able to make em is like...and all the times I was SURE I was pregnant. It felt like a loss. It just amazes me all the different trials and blessings come our way. You have such a beautiful family and I am excited for you to try it again! And hopefully another set a twins...wouldn't that be so crazy?! But so much fun...anyhoo...Good Luck and hang in there!

Quinn and Tami Bell said...

Melinda,
Happy Birthday, and I am sorry to hear about this news. I was going to email you, but I am glad that I got on your blog to read about this. I hope that you are feeling well. Lots of Love
Tami

j said...

oh melinda. i'm sorry. i can't imagine how much that has to hurt your heart...i'm so glad greg gets to come with you on friday- that would be something that is just too much to go through alone. it sounds seriously cliche, but please call me if i can help in any way.

and happy birthday... i hope you have a wonderful day in spite of things...

Angela said...

I'm sorry Melinda... you have such a great attitude. I hope everything works out for the best for you!

Chablis said...

Oh Melinda!!! I'm so sorry. I have miscarried before and I understand how you feel. Though that's not exactly what you want to hear.

Hmmmm, I'm bringing your family dinner on Friday, okay? I'll call you to work out the details.

Call me if you need anything.

Cathie said...

Oh Melinda! I am SO SO SORRY. My eyes are full right now. What cruddy birthday news! Know that my heart is with you. Please let me watch your boys Friday or anytime. XOXO

Jared and Kristin said...

Melinda-
I am so sorry to hear this. I am glad to hear that Greg is taking care of you and will be there for you when you go into the hospital. I love you and I think about you and your family often.

Kristin

Lindsay JJ said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. It made me so sad just thinking about what that must be like to go through..... and twice!
My mom sells this great natural progesterone cream that supposedly helps out with this kind of thing. I had heard of it but didn't think about it til I read about your situation. Many testimonials of carrying babies full term from women who struggled in the past to keep pregnancies. If you are interested call me. From what I understand you can use it all the time as part of your cycle just to maintain hormone balance etc.
Once again..... so sorry to hear of your loss, but happy to know that such a great mom/parents are working on adding more to their fam. ;) You inspire me!

Kelli Proctor said...

oh I am so sorry! I can honestly say now that I know how bad it sucks to have to go through that! You are brave to try again, the thought of it happening again really scares me! You are so strong! Greg is such a great guy, what a great best friend to have! Once again I am so sorry....

Karen said...

wow, so sad melinda. things have a way of working themselves out. you and greg are so strong. truly, there's not another couple out there like the two of you. good luck on friday. you will be in our prayers.

carlston said...

Melinda, I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I love you dearly and want you to know that I'm thinking of you. You really do have great people in your life, which is a reflection of what a great person you are.

Cannon Fam said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out next time. Hang in there! Happy B-day btw.

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry Melinda..Thanks for sharing something so personal, your message was very inspiring..And a Big Happy Birthday...

Smedley Family said...

oh melinda ... i'm so sorry to hear that. you are very strong, and i hope it goes well in the near future!!!

Shannon said...

Its always so good to have a husband that can make you feel better!!! I had a bad miscarriage before Maycee, it was painful and awful, I am sorry you have to do it again. GOOD LUCK, you have a great attitude, and you boys are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Not only is it sad to know you've lost a baby, but also your hormones are totally out of whack so it makes everything so much more difficult. Good luck with everything! I'll be praying for you.

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

Ok, so I am so emotional for you right now. I am so sorry. I think having a newborn at home, just really hits me hard when I hear stories like yours. You're right, it just makes you so grateful for the healthy children you have. I wish I was closer so I could help also. Good for Greg to take charge and know when he is needed. You guys are such a perfect couple! And so incrediably strong! I have always looked up to you for that. Lots of love and prayers.

The Dollar Fam said...

Greg & Melinda,
It hurts me to hear the news. I know exactly what you are all going through. My wife and I have gone through it 4 times as well. If you need someone to talk with let us know. I can tell you the stories behind each one. We have no idea if the Lord has anymore for us while in this life but know we are starting an eternal family that one day we will be united with. Instead of our little four member family it will be doubled. I can't wait for that day. Send me an email and I'll send you a poem I put together after one of them. Remember that you are loved and it's during these times where the knowledge of the ETERNAL PLAN really helps. Remember to count the blessings that you have within your home already they are truly treasures of joy. We love ya and wish you the best.

Beth said...

Melinda, I'm so sad to hear about your miscarriage. I'm really glad Greg was able to be there for you and that you have great friends there to help you out. You are so amazing and I love you!

annalisa said...

Your post made me cry this morning. I'm sorry. Melinda, you are so strong. So glad you have so much support. Wishing you the best!

Quiggle said...

So I'm a bit slow on the news. I am really sorry to hear it. I hope that your guys are doing well. I love you guys, wish you were closer!