Monday, March 9, 2009
Aaaagggghhhhh!!!!!!!!
Hunter and Austin never had a chance to crawl out of cribs. They were sleeping in a big bed and adjusted just fine. The twins have started climbing out of their play pens. I am not ready for this. I put them down for naps and 45 minutes later they are finally asleep. I went in every two minutes and put them back in their cribs, before they could destroy the room. Finally after just about giving up (yesturday I gave up, and after awhile they were quite so I checked on them and they were both asleep on the floor, amongst all the disaster) I decided that I would lay in Austin's bed. That way they would see me in there and wouldn't try to get out. Worked like a charm. Within a few minutes they were dead asleep! Now what do I do? Do I put them in a big bed since they can get out anyway? I used to love nap time because they were so good at laying down. I am sure this is just another phase that will end soon, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry. I have no ideas since my girls never tried that trick. Hawaii looks like so much fun! I'm really jealous.
It feels like I haven't seen you in forever! We should get together soon.
My girls never tried to climb out either. Torsten did it just the other day and besides getting a decent bump on the head I guess I gave him enough of a scare (I told him how bad he would get hurt falling out of his crib..... not getting hurt by me... haha!) that he hasn't tried it again since. I guess if they do it again then it might be time for the toddler bed. I remember Carissa dealing with this..... call her!
That is seriously the worst! It's like you've lost your me time. When we moved to Utah from Pa last summer, Drew was pretty much done with the crib and in a big bed. Well, the nap thing ended too. He wouldn't stay in bed for anything. That kid hasn't napped since we lived in Allentown--that means that when he was 2 he was done--I'm sorry, but kids that age still need a nap, but man, I've tried! And you have 2!
Oh no ! Melinda I am hurting for you. I can't imagine two times at that stage! Good thing they are so cute. I hope it is just a stage they will grow out of!
oh man. i am SO sorry! i can't imagine two at once- it's like you're outnumbered with this at all times. the scary thing is, they could tie you up in your sleep if you stay in the same room with them...just thinking ahead. :)
kellen never really had issues with escapes from the crib. we're having issues NOW, though, with staying in bed. turkey.
good luck!!!
I feel your pain...and have no advice...Crib tent for Libby is the only way to go and Brock has been beat..aahh, I mean TRAINED enough now to know not to get out. Ha! Good Luck!! Miss you, but my voicemail and blog say Hi!
Oh man! I don't even know what to tell you. We ended up moving eli to a big bed and locking him in the room. my brother did the same thing with his twins, but what the friek do you do when there is another one in there to entertain the other!? You should see their room now...trashed! Good luck, sorry I'm of no help whatsoever.
LOVED looking at your pictures from Hawaii. They made me ache a little. The picture of the rooster made me laugh out loud. They ARE everywhere. Who knows why.
That sucks when you're not ready for them to be out yet!! We got a crib tent with Courtney & I LOVED it! It's breathable mesh that hooks onto the top of the crib and then you zip it to get them in and out & they can't climb out. You said they sleep in pack-and-plays though, right? So not sure if they work on those. Good luck!
TROUBLE! I could just see those two! They are so cute! My boys have never crawled out of their cribs, but we always put them in a big bed before they were two. I bet that would help a little, just because the thrill will be gone of climbing out of the play pen! I think it is probably a phase that will pass after time. Good thing they are too cute! Good luck!
OH MY!! That is so funny. What brave little boys.....so HAWAII!!!! WOW, you are so lucky, that looks like a great cruise to take. Your pictures are so beautiful!! Thanks for the SD card idea, i am going to try that. I am so annoyed with it all :)
Post a Comment