Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas post

I was going to post a few pictures of the kids on Christmas morning, but Greg has the camera at work, I'll do it later. But I will say Christmas was very simple and probably one of the funnest so far. Austin is 6 and at that age where Christmas is still very magical to him. He swore he saw Santa and his sleigh on the ride home from our friends on Christmas Eve. We got home and he went to bed and then as soon as santa had left he was in our room at 11:30 pm to inform us that Santa had been to our house! I think that santa had JUST left. He ended up sleeping in our bed for the rest of the night, and if you know anything about Greg you know that kids in our bed is a huge NO-NO. I guess Christmas is the exception. Christmas Day is the only day of the year that I feel justified in taking a really long, and well worth it nap. That's the best gift of all! We had a great Christmas and I did end up getting a beautiful picture of Jesus. Now when my kids are asked to think of a picture of Jesus in their house, they have one to think of!

10 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I love Christmas naps! Which picture of Jesus do you have? You are so lucky!

Do you wanna play at our book club? We are reading Marley and Me by John groban this month. It's at my house.

Michelle & Steve said...

Thanks for helping me remember that the simple things about Christmas are the best memories. I lost my camera on the way back to Jersey and I've been stressing about losing all the Christmas pictures. Something about reading your post today helped get things in perspective that I'll get some pictures from my in-laws and be fine because most importantly, I have the memories of the magical day! Miss you guys!

Lisa said...

Austin is so cute! I was so worried that my boys were going to come down while Santa was here. But we made it through. I love that age! Tyler and I have been saying a lot lately how we really need a picture of Jesus in our house. I am glad you got one! I hope you guys had a good Christmas!

Brian & Larissa Lloyd said...

Our Christmas was very simple this year too. It is so fun to have your kids still believe in the magic of Christmas! Love you guys!!
(I have updated my blog quite a few times in Dec but on your blog under my name it says "2 months ago". Just thought I'd let you know.)

carlston said...

Melinda... I love simple Christmas. Everyone in our home and within our families gets one gift from us - including our kids. Santa brings a few extras, but not much more. It gets too out of hand.

I'm glad you had a good Christmas with your sweet family. Have you set any new years goals? - marathon perhaps? It would be fun to sign up for half or full at a fun destination and meet and run it together! Keep in the back of your mind.

Jamie said...

Melinda, I am so glad you found my blog! You're right that it will be fun to keep up with each other so we won't be total strangers when we see each other again in the future. You can totally put my blog link on your site, and I'll do the same for yours.

You have such a cute family & you look great! I can't believe you had twins!!! I only have one toddler running around & he's enough to make me go crazy, so I can only imagine having two. Way to go!

Fishin' Ponds said...

I can't wait to have a kid that excited about Christmas...makes it so much more special and fun. And...after the pics in your slide show about "helping" you want me to have twins?! :)

Cathie said...

I am so glad you had a Merry Christmas! I am very happy we were able to celebrate New Years with you guys! I guess I sound a little negative in my posts about the weather, but really I am just happy that I have friends like you guys in Alaska. I want to go see that land in Southern Anchorage with you.

Cathie said...

Also, your "helpers" post is priceless. Those pictures are SO CUTE!

Bobbi Mason said...

Okay, I am ready for workout. When and where and time that works for you? How many people?