I thought since it is Thanksgiving that I would post a few things that I am thankful for. I feel like the most luckiest person in the world to have four healthy boys. I am so thankful that I am able to stay home and take care of them. How lucky is that? Sometimes I take it for granted that Greg is working so hard for us so that our boys can have a mother at home at all times. I am also thankful for Greg. He is my best friend and I couldn't make it with out him. He is so loving and sweet to me. He also loves his boys so much that I can see it in his eyes when he is around them. We choose to spend a lot of time together as a family, since we believe that is what is going to make our boys feel loved and confident.
I am so thankful for my family. We live so far away from them, but I think of them all constantly. They are always in my prayers. If any of them want to move to Alaska, we would be so happy! I have six sisters & three sis-in-laws on my side and five sis-in-laws on Greg's side, plus my mother and mother-in-law and I feel so lucky to have them all in my life. They have all made such an impact in my life and I know that if I need anything they are always there for me!
I also am so thankful for my friends. Friends that I haven't talked to in years and friends that live just up the street. Friends that I stay in contact with through blogging. Friends come into my life just when I need them. There are times that I needed just that right person at that specific moment. You all share a huge spot in my heart.
Last, but not least, I am so thankful that in America we can choose to worship as we please. I am thankful for the gospel. I am thankful that as parents, Greg and I are able to teach our boys freely of the Atonement and the Plan of Salvation. How great is that? The gospel makes being a family so important and we always have a goal in mind!
PS..I am still thankful that Target opened, and that Kohl's opens in March!!



15 comments:
I just love you Melinda, you are the coolest! I would be thankful for Target and Kohls too, great shops!
We are so sorry to hear about Gregs mom, I just told Rog and he sounded so sad. We would LOVE to hang out with you guys when you come. Just give us a call when you guys want to hang out and we will be there! We will definitely have both Greg's parents in our prayers.
I love this time of year when you get to put it all into perspective and remember how lucky we all really are. GREAT POST! Your boys are so darling and I love your pictures of the virgin islands, what a fun thing to do :) YOU ARE SO LUCKY!
You are simply the best...I love you!! Fun to visit tonight, have a safe trip and we will be praying for your family. Hurry home!
p.s. I am having a blog writting block...thanks for the great idea...mind if I copy?
Melinda,
You are always so thoughtful of others in your life. I have always admired that about you, you do not for one minute take for granted the people that are important in your life. What a neat person you are. I love the pics of the cruise. Looks so beautiful there. Oh, and deoderant? I buy Secret Clinical Strength and love it. It is a little more pricey but smells pretty much like nothing all day. You have so many suggestions, you will have to try a new one each time you run out and surely something will work! Let the rest of us know what was your favorite!
What a beautiful post Melinda. You are such a wonderful person and great example to the rest of us. I couldn't agree more with the things you are grateful for. Family, friends, the gospel...and of course, Target. Thanks for putting things into perspective for me today.
Well said! There is so much to be thankful for! GREAT picture of your boys.
Melinda...you are an inspiration to many. You are one of those people that sees the good in so many things. I imagine you are thankful everyday of the year not just this season.
I love that you included Target and Kohls - you keep it real! I am shamefully thankful for those things as well!
Hope you have a great thanksgiving! Are you going to be around SLC after the holidays?
I like reading posts like this because it makes me stop and think what I am grateful for.
Also, your pictures from your cruise are awesome. It looks like you guys had a great time - you deserve it!
I am thankful I'm not the only one who like Bing Crosby. Even dead he has the most beautiful eyes ever! haha! Okay, his eyes aren't there but no one can beat 'em.
Hooray for Target!!!
Awe...I've loved catching up on your blog. It looks like you had an awesome cruise! Your boys are SOOO handsome! I can't believe how much Hunter and Austin have grown up! I will live through you in being grateful for a Kohls and Target...We only have a Walmart :(
How I'd love one here in Moses Lake!...one day. Happy Holidays!...Love your new blog look too!
Aunt Melinda or just Melinda- (what do you prefer me to call you?)
I just love your blog! I am so happy that you have one!
Your little family is beautiful of course. I am sad that I will not be in Utah for Thanksgiving and also sad that you probably wont be there for Christmas.
I am excited to keep up with your blog and see how you and Greg and the kids are doing.
Love ya!
Kristin
That's a great post. We do have much to be thankful for, and it's good to always keep things in perspective. Your family is just amazing and it's because of how great you and Greg both are!
Loved the cruise pics...Tortola is a special spot for us...that's where Jon's parents served their mission!!
It has been some time....and your boys are so big! Awesome for the cruise. Rizz and I swam with sting rays on our honeymoon, quite the trip. Workout? Let's talk in Jan. If you're game, I am game. Still interested in the triathlon?
I am so sorry that I missed you when You came to Utah. I wish I could have gone up north to see you guys. I miss you!
Tami
Melinda, this has been fun to read your blog and catch up a little on your family. What a cute family you have. Your two oldest boys look like they could be twins too. I love blogging and being able to keep up on our friends and families. You have done an awesom job.
Post a Comment